ALAMEDA (KRON) -- Two people killed in a tragic car accident Monday in Alameda have been identified.
17-year-old Briana Ortega and 17-year-old Simon Sotelo were killed in a collision that left six others injured.
Around 8:00 a.m. a GMC pickup truck was driving "at a high rate of speed" on Park St. when it clipped a Toyota SUV at Lincoln Ave., according to police.
There were seven people in the truck, including Ortega and Sotelo.
Ortega was pronounced dead at the scene.
The other six were transported to Highland Hospital where Sotelo died from his injuries.
The rest are in critical condition.
The woman inside the Toyota SUV suffered injuries not considered life-threatening.
Both Ortega and Sotelo were from Hayward and attended a high school in Union City's New Haven Unified School District.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CHILD THROWN FROM WATER PARK SLIDE IN DUBLIN
- MAN DIES FOLLOWING OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING IN SAN JOSE
- FEDS: MAN TRIED TO BITE FLIGHT ATTENDANT, JUMPED FROM PLANE
- FASTRAK MAY OWE YOU MONEY
- TRUMP'S BUDGET CUTS WEST COAST QUAKE WARNING SYSTEM FUNDING
- 7TH-GRADER GETS ‘MOST LIKELY TO BECOME A TERRORIST' AWARD
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: SOUTH BAY CRACKDOWN LEADS TO 200 TICKETS