TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) - San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster has been arrested in Alabama and charged with second-degree possession of marijuana.
Local media says the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Office arrest database indicates Foster, who just finished his rookie season, was arrested Friday. Bond was set at $2,500.
A statement from the 49ers Friday night said: "The San Francisco 49ers organization is aware of the matter involving Reuben Foster and we are currently gathering all relevant facts."
The former Alabama linebacker was a first-team All-American for the Crimson Tide in 2016 and won the Butkus Award. He was a first-round pick in last year's NFL draft.
Foster started all 10 games he played in this season and posted 72 tackles.
He was the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Month in November.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ICE AGENTS RAID 7-ELEVEN STORES IN IMMIGRATION PROBE
- MOB STEALS $100K WORTH OF HANDBAGS FROM NORDSTROM
- REMAINS FOUND AT HAYWARD WAREHOUSE ID'D AS MISSING FATHER
- STOCKTON TWIN TODDLERS STILL MISSING AFTER PARENTS FOUND
- MEXICO'S DRUG RAVAGED STATES GET 'DO NOT TRAVEL' WARNING
- WOMAN RETURNS 'DEAD' XMAS TREE TO COSTCO FOR FULL REFUND
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- New homes popping up in Santa Rosa's Coffey Park
- 15 displaced after 4-alarm blaze tears through San Francisco building
- Trump-linked data analysis firm taps 50M Facebook profiles
- Turtle euthanized amid reports it was fed sick puppy in classroom