SAN FRANCISCO (KRON)-- One person is dead and five others were hurt after being exposed to carbon monoxide in San Francisco's Bernal Heights neighborhood on Thursday.
Fire crews arrived at a home on Cortland Avenue around 4:26 a.m. and rushed to perform life-saving measures on one victim but unfortunately, they died.
Three people were treated at the scene and two others were transported to a nearby vehicle.
The identity of the deceased hasn't been released.
KRON4's Lydia Pantazes reported live from the scene and says fire crews believe a water heater led to the carbon monoxide poisoning.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Lydia Pantazes (@LydiaPantazes) December 7, 2017
- ONLY ON 4: JAILHOUSE INTERVIEW WITH GHOST SHIP'S DERICK ALMENA
- FEDS FILE NEW CHARGES AGAINST MAN ACQUITTED IN KATE STEINLE CASE
- INTERACTIVE MAP: SOCAL FIRE PERIMETER AND EVACUATIONS
- POLICE: BODY FOUND IN PARKING LOT OF HIGH SCHOOL IN SAN JOSE
- ARRESTS MADE IN DEADLY SHOOTING AT SAN LEANDRO GAS STATION
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- VIRAL VIDEO: San Jose parents say 14-year-old son was wrongly arrested over a fight
- Man with 'dork' tattoo wanted for making threats against law enforcement
- PG&E utility to cut power in areas at grave fire risk
- Dine and Dish: 3-Zero Cafe