SAN JOSE (KRON) - A 19-year-old woman is recovering after she was struck by a car in San Jose early Wednesday morning, according to San Jose Police Department.
Around 2:18 a.m. officers responded to reports that a pedestrian was hit by a car at N. Capital Ave. and McKee Rd.
The car, described as a "1990's silver or light-colored SUV, possibly a Chevy Suburban," was heading northbound on N. Capital Ave. when it allegedly struck the young woman at the intersection.
Police say the driver did not stop, and instead continued on N. Capital. He is still at large and has not been identified.
The victim was taken to the hospital where she is listed in stable condition.
Further details are not available at this time.
- TENANT KIDNAPS 70-YEAR-OLD LANDLORD AFTER DISPUTE IN OAKLAND
- WOMAN KILLED IN CRASH AFTER TREE FALLS ON DANVILLE FREEWAY
- MEXICAN DRUG CARTEL LEADER 'LA BARBIE' GETS NEARLY 50 YEARS
- TEENAGER WARNS OTHERS AFTER BABY BROTHER DIES IN HOT CAR
- MAN SUES CVS FOR TELLING HIS WIFE ABOUT VIAGRA PRESCRIPTION