GILROY (KRON) - Two earthquakes hit the Gilroy area just minutes apart Tuesday morning, according to the United States Geological Survey.
The first was a 3.6 magnitude quake, but was later downgraded to a 3.3. It struck at 4:38 a.m. about six miles east of Gilroy.
Another quake followed shortly after at 4:44 a.m. in the same spot. The second one had a 2.6 magnitude.
No injuries or damage have been reported at this time.
Get the latest earthquake information and safety tips in the KRON4 Earthquake section.
Stay with KRON4 for updates.
- VIRAL: WOMAN TELLS COUPLE ‘GO BACK TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY’
- $2 MILLION SUNNYVALE HOME BREAKS RECORD
- REPORT: SAN FRANCISCO IS HEALTHIEST CITY IN US
- CONVICTED KILLER CHARGED WITH 1986 FREMONT COLD CASE MURDERS
- TEACHER ARRESTED FOR SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH 8TH GRADER
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- How "Old" Do You Sound?
- India seeks death penalty for rape of girls under 12
- Pilot killed in crash of single-engine plane in Tennessee
- California regulators investigating worker safety at Tesla