ALAMEDA (KRON) - A water main break has closed Hesperian Boulevard on Friday afternoon in San Lorenzo, public works officials said.
The roads closed are from Lewelling Boulevard to Sycamore Street.
Both directions are shut down.
Crews are working on the water main break.
There are major traffic delays in the area.
Here is the full statement from public works:
East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) crews are onsite at a water main break affecting traffic on Hesperian Boulevard in San Lorenzo. The break is located on a 30-inch transmission main near the intersection of Hesperian Boulevard and Lewelling Boulevard. Water flow through this pipe has been reduced as crews assess the break and plan repairs. The break is not affecting water service to customers.
EBMUD advises motorists to avoid this area or find alternate routes due to lane closures on Hesperian Boulevard. EBMUD is coordinating with California Highway Patrol and Alameda County Fire. EBMUD repair work is expected to continue into the early evening.
Stay with KRON4 for updates on this breaking news story on-air, online, and on the KRON4 app.
- GUNMAN TAKES 3 PEOPLE HOSTAGE AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME
- WORRIED FAMILIES WAIT FOR WORD ON LOVED ONES AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME
- HUSBAND OF WORKER: GUNMAN AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME SLIPPED INTO PARTY
- TIMELINE: AUTHORITIES KNOW ID OF GUNMAN AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME
- 3 EMPLOYEES TAKEN HOSTAGE AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE