SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) - A person was walking on train tracks when they were struck by Caltrain and killed Monday morning in San Francisco, according to a Caltrain official.
Around 7:50 a.m. a northbound train carrying about 500 people hit the person just south of the 22nd Street Caltrain Station.
Officials say the person was trespassing at the time of the incident.
Emergency personnel are on scene.
Trains in the area are stopped in both directions.
There are no reports of injuries to anyone on board the train at this time.
BART is providing transportation for Caltrain customers. Passengers should expect a 30 minute delay on BART.
The person killed has not been identified. It is unclear why they were on the train tracks.
Further details were not immediately made available.
Stay with KRON4 for updates.
- RAIN RADAR: TRACK THE STORM WITH KRON4’S INTERACTIVE RADAR MAP
- BIGGEST STORM OF THE SEASON ROLLS THROUGH NORCAL
- AUDIO: THREAT MADE TO “SHOOT UP” EAST SAN JOSE SCHOOLS
- OAKLAND MAYOR STANDS BEHIND HER ICE RAID WARNING
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: DRIVER GOES OFF ON STANLEY ROBERTS
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE