HAYWARD (KRON) - Deputies are investigating a deadly shooting Sunday morning in Hayward, according to Alameda County Sheriff's Office.
Around 3:00 a.m. sheriff's deputies responded to the 21200 block of Mission Blvd. to reports of a shooting, deputies said.
At the scene officers found a male victim suffering from at least one gunshot wound inside a car.
Paramedics arrived and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim's age and identity were not released.
A homicide investigation is now underway, authorities said.
Detectives and Crime Lab personnel with Alameda County Sheriff's Office are on scene interviewing witnesses and collecting evidence.
"Traffic will be impacted from Maddox Rd. to Blossom Way," deputies said on Twitter.
Drivers are advised to avoid the area.
"A motive for what led to the killing is unclear at this time," Sgt. Ray Kelly said.
Details about what led to the shooting were not immediately made available.
No suspect information was released.
Stay with KRON4 for updates.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Grandma suspected of killing 2 captured in Texas
- Man wanted in Petaluma for failing to register as sex offender
- American family in limbo after husband dies fighting for ISIS in Syria
- UC Berkeley to launch a esports community center on campus