SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) - The Interstate 280 South connector to Highway 101 in San Francisco was closed on Friday afternoon as police investigated a robbery that happened on the freeway, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The ramp was closed at around 1:45 p.m. and reopened at around 5:21 p.m.
CHP Officer Vu Williams says a Subaru Hyundai was robbed at gunpoint on the connector ramp.
Two cars were involved in the incident. The suspect vehicle cornered the victim vehicle in the fast lane
The suspect got out and busted the driver side window.
The suspect robbed the victim at gunpoint, police said. The initial report said shots were fired.
However, there is no evidence of shots being fired.
The shooting does not appear to be random, police said.
There were no bullet holes in the car, and the suspect is still at-large.
What valuables or possessions were stolen are unknown
Traffic is still backed up in the area.
Stay with KRON4 for updates on this breaking news story on-air, online, and on the KRON4 app.
- GUNMAN TAKES 3 PEOPLE HOSTAGE AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME
- WORRIED FAMILIES WAIT FOR WORD ON LOVED ONES AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME
- HUSBAND OF WORKER: GUNMAN AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME SLIPPED INTO PARTY
- TIMELINE: AUTHORITIES KNOW ID OF GUNMAN AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME
- 3 EMPLOYEES TAKEN HOSTAGE AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Stephen Curry returns then injures left knee as Warriors win
- People Behaving Badly: Dangerous ride hail maneuvers
- Book of personal family photos goes missing, turns up mysteriously in East Bay Goodwill store
- Investigators say missing Iowa family found dead in Mexico condo