YOUNTVILLE (KRON) - California leaders are reacting to the deadly hostage situation in Yountville.
On Friday, a gunman and three hostages were found dead inside a Yountville veterans home.
Here is some reaction:
Congressman Mike Thompson:
“Tonight as a community, we mourn the tragic shooting at the Yountville Veterans Home and the devastating loss for the families, loved ones, and friends of those killed. Law enforcement from our district and around our region responded with truly commendable professionalism and we thank them for their selfless service.
“The Veterans Home is a place where veterans receive the help they have earned through their service.Pathway is a program that gives veterans a guide to improve their lives. Those killed were three wonderful and dedicated women who got up every morning to better the lives of veterans. Tonight all our hearts are heavy.”
Gov. Jerry Brown
“Anne and I are deeply saddened by the horrible violence at the Yountville Veterans Home, which tragically took the lives of three people dedicated to serving our veterans. Our hearts go out to their families and loved ones and the entire community of Yountville.”
- GUNMAN TAKES 3 PEOPLE HOSTAGE AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME
- WORRIED FAMILIES WAIT FOR WORD ON LOVED ONES AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME
- HUSBAND OF WORKER: GUNMAN AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME SLIPPED INTO PARTY
- TIMELINE: AUTHORITIES KNOW ID OF GUNMAN AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME
- 3 EMPLOYEES TAKEN HOSTAGE AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE