SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) - A new report shows that San Jose and San Francisco have the most expensive homes in the country.
According to the report, the average salary needed to buy a home in San Jose is more than $235,000 a year.
The average home price is more than $1.2 million.
Things are a little bit better in San Francisco.
The average salary needed to by a house there is just over $170,000 a year.
And the average home price is just over $900,000.
In fact, the most expensive cities to buy a house are all in California.
- VIRAL: WOMAN TELLS COUPLE ‘GO BACK TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY’
- $2 MILLION SUNNYVALE HOME BREAKS RECORD
- REPORT: SAN FRANCISCO IS HEALTHIEST CITY IN US
- CONVICTED KILLER CHARGED WITH 1986 FREMONT COLD CASE MURDERS
- TEACHER ARRESTED FOR SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH 8TH GRADER
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- California to get first female and first LGBT Senate leader
- VIDEO: Police find nearly 300 bunnies hopping in Sacramento home
- VIDEO: Cirque du Soleil performer dies after fall during performance in Florida
- PHOTOS: Car plows through Taco Bell restaurant in Danville