DALY CITY (KRON)-- - A robbery suspect in Daly City led police officers on a chase that ended in San Franciso Sunday evening.
According to Sergeant Harrison with the Daly City Police Department, at around 7:10 p.m. officers were notified of a robbery in progress at a Safeway in the Westlake Shopping Center.
Police say the suspect stole cash from a register. The suspect fled in a vehicle and a pursuit ensued into San Francisco.
Officers say the chase came to end when the suspect crashed into a newspaper stand on Church and Market Streets.
The suspect was taken into custody.
- RAIN RADAR: TRACK THE STORM WITH KRON4’S INTERACTIVE RADAR MAP
- BIGGEST STORM OF THE SEASON ROLLS THROUGH NORCAL
- AUDIO: THREAT MADE TO “SHOOT UP” EAST SAN JOSE SCHOOLS
- OAKLAND MAYOR STANDS BEHIND HER ICE RAID WARNING
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: DRIVER GOES OFF ON STANLEY ROBERTS
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE