FREMONT (KRON) - It's always nice to make the top of a list when it's something good.
So, the City of Fremont can be proud of being described as the happiest city in America.
WalletHub looked at 182 of the country's largest cities and has released its list of "happiest" cities.
The study is based on things like physical well-being, income growth, job security, weather, and even factors like sports participation and the average leisure time spent each day.
The result--Fremont is No. 1.
The Bay Area as a whole did pretty well too.
San Jose was No. 3. San Francisco was No. 13. And Oakland is No. 18.
In case you're wondering, at the very bottom of the list is Birmingham, Alabama at 181 and Detroit, Michigan at No. 182.
WalletHub looked at 28 key indicators of happiness and says its panel of experts believes that moving to a certain city can really make you more content.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Gunman wounds 2 at Walmart store before being fatally shot by bystander
- 5 dead as SUV chased by Border Patrol crashes in South Texas
- Strong earthquake in Japan kills 3, knocks over walls
- 15-year-old graduates with honors from UC Davis