SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) - San Francisco police are investigating a series of violent armed robberies, some targeting people’s cellphones.
The first one happened on Thursday night at around 11:30 p.m. on Treasure Island.
A woman was brutally attacked with a steel chain and robbed of her phone.
Then, about 11 miles south in San Francisco, two more robberies happened.
At 11:59 p.m., a man walking with headphones and looking at his phone was attacked from behind, stabbed, and then robbed of his wallet.
And again at 12:42 a.m., a third person was attacked near the Highway 280 off-ramp on Geneva Avenue.
One suspect pulled a knife and tried to stab the victim.
The two suspects got away with that man’s phone.
At this point, police are not saying whether these incidents are related.
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- People Behaving Badly: Dangerous ride hail maneuvers
- Book of personal family photos goes missing, turns up mysteriously in East Bay Goodwill store
- Investigators say missing Iowa family found dead in Mexico condo
- WILD VIDEO: Missouri officer's nose broken during arrest