SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California's unemployment rate rose to 5.1 percent in August.
The state Employment Development Department said Friday that last month's rate was up from 4.8 percent in July but still lower than the 5.4 percent recorded a year earlier in August 2016.
The unemployment rate is derived from a federal survey of 5,100 California households.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SUSPECT IN STOLEN GUN MURDER IS UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANT
- 9 ARRESTED DURING BEN SHAPIRO PROTEST IN BERKELY
- DAD SHOOTS, KILLS INTRUDER WHO BROKE INTO WRONG HOME
- VICTIM TOOK PICTURES OF ROAD RAGE SUSPECT BEFORE BEING KILLED
- POLICE: WOMAN FINDS BOYFRIEND ON 12-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER, STABS HIM
- VICTIM TOLD SUSPECT: I KNEW YOU WOULD ‘SHOOT UP THE SCHOOL'
- DOWNLOAD THE BRAND NEW KRON4 NEWS APP