SACRAMENTO (KRON) - More than a week ago, the California Democratic Party failed to endorse a candidate for governor.
Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom led the way with 39 percent of the vote.
But one candidate got his profile boosted by finishing close behind him--State Treasurer John Chiang.
He sat down on Tuesday with Capitol Bureau Reporter Kody Leibowitz to talk why he believes he can be the next governor of California.
Watch the above video to see the full interview.
- VIRAL: WOMAN TELLS COUPLE ‘GO BACK TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY’
- $2 MILLION SUNNYVALE HOME BREAKS RECORD
- REPORT: SAN FRANCISCO IS HEALTHIEST CITY IN US
- CONVICTED KILLER CHARGED WITH 1986 FREMONT COLD CASE MURDERS
- TEACHER ARRESTED FOR SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH 8TH GRADER
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE