SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) - President Trump is scheduled to visit California next week, according to White House press secretary Sarah Sanders.
Sanders confirmed that the President will visit the Golden State during Wednesday’s White House press briefing.
However, she did not provide any further details on his trip.
This will be the first time Trump has visited California since becoming president.
Sources familiar with Trump’s plans say he is expected to visit California to the US-Mexico border to look at border wall prototypes in the San Diego area.
The President and White House have been looking to schedule a trip to the border “for a while,” one source said. Trump has not visited California since he was sworn into office, though Vice President Mike Pence did a lucrative fundraising swing through the state in October.
Asked why he’s making the trip, Sanders said Trump had been busy enacting elements of his agenda, such as creating jobs and growing the economy.
CNN contributed to this report
- VIRAL: WOMAN TELLS COUPLE ‘GO BACK TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY’
- $2 MILLION SUNNYVALE HOME BREAKS RECORD
- REPORT: SAN FRANCISCO IS HEALTHIEST CITY IN US
- CONVICTED KILLER CHARGED WITH 1986 FREMONT COLD CASE MURDERS
- TEACHER ARRESTED FOR SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH 8TH GRADER
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE
- California to get first female and first LGBT Senate leader
- VIDEO: Police find nearly 300 bunnies hopping in Sacramento home
- VIDEO: Cirque du Soleil performer dies after fall during performance in Florida
- PHOTOS: Car plows through Taco Bell restaurant in Danville