SODA SPRINGS (KRON) - Despite what the calendar says, winter-like conditions were seen and felt in the Sierras overnight into Thursday.
Locals say this is some of the heaviest, most blinding snowfall they've seen all season.
Skiers and snowboarders in the area are welcoming the snow.
The winter blast has caused some traffic headaches-- there were reports of spin-outs and a jack-knifed big rig.
Chain requirements went into effect on Interstate-80 Wednesday night.
- ONLY ON 4: FATHER NEAR DEATH AFTER ANTIOCH HIT-AND-RUN
- THIS IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE HOUSING MARKET IN CALIFORNIA
- HOW TO TELL IF YOUR FACEBOOK DATA WAS AFFECTED BY BREACH
- DEADLY SHOOTING MARKS RICHMOND'S 2ND KILLING IN 3 DAYS
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: SCOOTER SHARING CREATES PROBLEMS IN SF