SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) -- The truck driver who crashed into the Bay Bridge toll plaza Saturday morning, killing a Caltrans worker has been identified and arrested, according to California Highway Patrol.
CHP said 32-year-old Daniel Berk of Foster City was arrested for driving under the influence and vehicular manslaughter.
46-year-old Si Si Han, a veteran Caltrans employee was killed when Berk crashed into her toll booth around 5:00 a.m.
Berk was hospitalized with serious injuries.
Six other cars were involved in the accident.
All other injuries are considered non-life-threatening, CHP said.
The Bay Bridge is expected to be backed up until about 6:00 p.m.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
The driver from the fatal collision at the Toll Plaza, Daniel Berk, 32, out of Foster City, has been arrested for vehicular manslaughter and DUI.
- CHP Oakland (@CHPoakland) December 2, 2017
- CARJACKING SUSPECT SHOT, KILLED BY SFPD
- SF DEFENDS SANCTUARY STATUS AFTER STEINLE VERDICT
- VIDEO: DELIVERY DRIVER POOPS ON SACRAMENTO DRIVEWAY
- MCDONALD'S MANAGER TO GET $110K FOR HELPING NAB SUSPECT
- CONCORD RESTAURANT BRIEFLY SHUT DOWN AFTER RATS INFESTATION
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018