CONCORD (KRON) -- A Concord teacher is accused of having sex with a developmentally disabled adult student, police said.
Police got a report on Dec. 7 about a teacher at Loma Vista Adult Center who allegedly had sex with the student. He or she was enrolled in the Bridge Program, which helps students develop independent living skills, academics, and more.
The suspect is 55-year-old Daniel Gonzalez, a teacher in the program offered through the Mt. Diablo Unified School District.
"The Concord Police Special Victims Unit led the investigation and determined the adult student had an intellectual development level of a young teenager and therefore, is considered a dependent adult," police said in a press release. "According to California Penal Code 261, it is illegal to have sex with a person who is incapable of consent due to a mental or developmental disability. Based on the facts discovered during the course of the investigation, the school district was notified and the teacher was immediately placed on an administrative leave of absence."
Gonzalez was booked into the Martinez Detention Facility on $2 million bail.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 22 'JOHNS' ARRESTED IN SOUTH BAY HUMAN TRAFFICKING BUST
- POLICE ARREST ACCUSED SOUTH BAY SERIAL ARSONIST
- ESCAPED INMATE WITH SKULL FACE TATTOO CAPTURED IN STOCKTON
- APPLE ADMITS TO SLOWING DOWN OLDER IPHONES
- VOLUNTEER AT BOARDING KENNEL MAULED TO DEATH BY DOG
- MODEL FACES 2ND LEG AMPUTATION DUE TO TOXIC SHOCK SYNDROME
- Image copyright 2018 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Sheriff official: 3, including gunman, injured in Maryland high school shooting
- 5 rushed to trauma center after accident on San Francisco city streets
- BART: Fire between 24th, 16th Mission stations sparks major delays
- 6 displaced in Nob Hill apartment fire