LOS ANGELES (AP) - A law enforcement official says former Miami Dolphins player Jonathan Martin was taken into Los Angeles police custody after a threatening Instagram post.
The official says Martin was being questioned and was not under arrest Friday afternoon.
A post on Martin's Instagram account showed a shotgun and referenced the private Harvard-Westlake prep school in Los Angeles by name, according to the official.
The official said it wasn't immediately clear whether Martin posted the photo himself.
The official was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.
The school was evacuated earlier Friday after officials were made aware of the post. The post mentioned that suicide and revenge were the only options for a victim of bullying.
Martin also played for the San Francisco 49ers in 2014.Check back for updates WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SWARM OF SMALL EARTHQUAKES RATTLE DANVILLE
- VIDEO: BAY AREA SEES RECORD-BREAKING LOW TEMPS, HAIL & SNOW
- SANTA CRUZ COUPLE CARJACKED AT GUNPOINT DURING MEXICO TRIP
- FBI JOINS IN SEARCH FOR MISSING 5-YEAR-OLD BOY
- ANGRY MOB BEATS RAPE, MURDER SUSPECTS TO DEATH
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- New homes popping up in Santa Rosa's Coffey Park
- 15 displaced after 4-alarm blaze tears through San Francisco building
- Trump-linked data analysis firm taps 50M Facebook profiles
- Turtle euthanized amid reports it was fed sick puppy in classroom