LAKE TAHOE (KRON) -- Snow is expected to fall in the Sierra Nevada starting Wednesday night.
The heaviest of the snowfall is forecast in the overnight hours and again Thursday afternoon, according to the National Weather Service.
Authorities are advising travelers to carry chains and plan for delays in the mountains.Stay with KRON4 News for updates WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SWARM OF SMALL EARTHQUAKES RATTLE DANVILLE
- VIDEO: BAY AREA SEES RECORD-BREAKING LOW TEMPS, HAIL & SNOW
- SANTA CRUZ COUPLE CARJACKED AT GUNPOINT DURING MEXICO TRIP
- FBI JOINS IN SEARCH FOR MISSING 5-YEAR-OLD BOY
- ANGRY MOB BEATS RAPE, MURDER SUSPECTS TO DEATH
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Judge in Stanford rape case says his recall won't aid change
- North Korea says it will suspend nuclear and missile testing
- Police: Man sexually assaulted girl at gunpoint in Berkeley
- FAA orders inspections of more jet engines