SUNNYVALE (KRON)-- The body of a woman who was found dead in the water along a trail in Sunnyvale on Thursday has been identified as a 23-year-old software engineer.
Police said a bicyclist spotted the body of 23-year-old Chuchu Ma in the water along Bay Trail Thursday morning. The Google software engineer was reported missing in Mountain View that same day.
According to Ma's LinkedIn page, she graduated with a Bachelor's in Computer Science from the University of Texas, Austin, where she received a National Merit Scholarship.
She worked as an engineer at Google for over a year where she was also excelling.
A representative from Google tells KRON4:
Chuchu was an excellent software engineer in our developer product team. We are devastated to learn of her passing, and our deepest condolences are with her family and friends.
Police are tight-lipped about the details surrounding Ma's death. At this time, it isn't clear if she was the victim of a crime.
The Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety said the investigation is ongoing and they are awaiting the coroner's autopsy results.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- INTERACTIVE MAP: SOCAL FIRE PERIMETER AND EVACUATIONS
- 'OUT OF CONTROL' SOCAL FIRE FORCES THOUSANDS TO EVACUATE
- POLICE: BODY FOUND IN PARKING LOT OF HIGH SCHOOL IN SAN JOSE
- ARRESTS MADE IN DEADLY SHOOTING AT SAN LEANDRO GAS STATION
- EAST BAY LYFT DRIVER CARJACKED AT GUNPOINT ON HER BIRTHDAY
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018