OAKLAND (KRON) -- A man was killed in a crash involving a FedEx truck on Interstate 880 in Oakland Thursday morning.
KRON4's Robin Winston says the accident happened around 2:53 a.m. on southbound I-880 near the 66th Avenue exit.
CHP says the driver of the sedan didn't survive the crash. The FedEx driver remained at the scene and is cooperating with the investigation.
All lanes of southbound I-880 were blocked for several hours during the morning commute.
CHP reopened the lanes shortly after 8 a.m.
Winston recommended taking eastbound I-580 as an alternate route.
MAJOR PROBLEM #Oakland
SB 880 at 66th Ave
All lanes closed
Take EB 580 instead pic.twitter.com/QhcHWRWNKs
- Robin Winston (@RobinWinstonTV) December 21, 2017
- FATHER, SON WHO DROWNED AT SONOMA COUNTY BEACH IDENTIFIED
- 4 TEENS ARRESTED FOR SHOOTING INTO SAN RAMON HOMES, CARS
- SHERIFF: DOGS WHO MAULED OWNER TO DEATH EUTHANIZED
- WORKER FIRED FOR RACY JOKE WRITTEN INSIDE PIZZA BOX
- ATTACK AT HAYWARD BART STATION INJURES MAN, WOMAN
- 'PLENTY OF FISH' POSTING LEADS TO VIOLENT HOME INVASION ROBBERY
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Gary's Mailbag: Why don't you like to gamble?
- Trump issues order to ban most transgender troops from serving in military
- Q&A: What you need to know about the Toys 'R' Us going-out-of-business sales
- DRAMATIC VIDEO: California storm forces flood rescues in Folsom