KOIN - PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) - A woman mouthing the words "help me" to people inside a Dick's Sporting Goods store in Salem had been held at knife point, along with her child, inside her home before convincing her kidnapper to take them to the store on Saturday afternoon, the Marion County Sheriff's Office said.
Christopher Hahn-Collins, 25, was arrested at the store after the woman's call for help got people inside the store to call deputies.
Detectives, after an investigation, learned that Hahn-Collins broke into the victim's home on Friday night and waited for her and her child to come home. He then held them at knife point until he was arrested the following day.
Detectives believe Hahn-Collins didn't know the victim before the kidnapping.
Hahn-Collins was booked into the Marion County Jail on multiple charges: 2 counts of 1st-degree kidnapping, menancing, 1st-degree burglary, unlawful possession and unlawful use of a weapon, giving false information to police and a parole violation warrant for sex abuse.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- INTERACTIVE MAP: SOCAL FIRE PERIMETER AND EVACUATIONS
- 'OUT OF CONTROL' SOCAL FIRE FORCES THOUSANDS TO EVACUATE
- POLICE: BODY FOUND IN PARKING LOT OF HIGH SCHOOL IN SAN JOSE
- ARRESTS MADE IN DEADLY SHOOTING AT SAN LEANDRO GAS STATION
- EAST BAY LYFT DRIVER CARJACKED AT GUNPOINT ON HER BIRTHDAY
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018
NRA posts video message in response...
'Keep at it': Obama tweets on March...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Students rally for gun reform in cities across the US
- Parkland survivor marks 6 minutes of strength and silence at rally
- ‘Vote them out!': Hundreds of thousands demand gun control
- 6th grade teacher accused of sexual misconduct with student