LAFAYETTE (KRON) -- A man died at a Lafayette work site on Monday afternoon after getting trapped in a forklift, sheriff's deputies said.
The fatal industrial incident happened around 3 p.m. in the 800 block of Avalon Avenue.
When officers arrived, they were told a person driving a forklift was trapped. The 35-year-old died at the scene.
The victim has not been identified.
Lafayette firefighters also responded to the scene of the workplace incident.
Lafayette police and Cal/OSHA are investigating.
No other information has been made available.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIRGINIA RALLY ATTENDEE NO LONGER EMPLOYED AT BERKELEY'S TOP DOG
- RALLY HELD FOR OAKLAND NURSE BEING DEPORTED BACK TO MEXICO
- N. KOREAN LEADER BRIEFED ON GUAM MISSILE-LAUNCH PLAN
- POLICE: 5 INJURED IN DRIVE-BY SHOOTING IN SAN JOSE
- 4-YEAR-OLD SHOT SEVERAL TIMES AT STOCKTON GAS STATION
- DAD TELLS DAUGHTER HE KILLED HER MOM 30 YEARS AGO