UNION CITY (KRON) -- A man was shot at a Union City park on Tuesday afternoon, police said.
The shooting happened at around 3 p.m. at Dry Creek Park. The victim is a man in his 20s, police said.
He was rushed to the hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg. The injury is non-life-threatening.
The man told police he was shot after he got into a confrontation with three-to-four Hispanic males between 16 and 20 years old.
The suspects ran away from the scene before police arrived.
Police have not recovered the weapon.
The investigation is ongoing.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MAN ON 'WASP' BREAKS INTO HOME, CUTS THROAT IN FRONT OF MOTHER, CHILDREN
- NAKED OHIO POSTAL WORKER ALLEGEDLY KILLS BOSS, COWORKER
- FRAUD ALERT: CROOKS CAN SCAM MONEY FROM YOUR GIFT CARDS
- BODY OF CHP OFFICER KILLED IN 880 DUI CRASH TRANSPORTED TO TRACY
- POLICE: SAN FRANCISCO MAN HAD THOUSANDS OF CHILD PORN IMAGES
- STUDY: MORE PREGNANT WOMEN ARE USING POT
Snow slide blocks Hwy 89 in the Sierra
'I love you babe;' Orlando shooter's...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 'I love you babe;' Orlando shooter's last text to his wife
- Sacramento police shot 20 times at unarmed man in his yard
- Fremont High School in Oakland on lockdown
- 7 children bitten when stray puppy gets into elementary school