PHOENIX, AZ (WCMH) — An Arizona man is facing charges for allegedly setting his ex-girlfriend on fire and killing her after she asked him to take a paternity test.
According to court records, Antwaun Ware was with Jasmine Dunbar, 21, Tuesday night in a car. Dubar asked ware to take a paternity test after the recent birth of her daughter, Arieal. The documents say Ware beat Dunbar and dumped her in a field.
He left Dunbar’s daughter on the side of the road before going back to where he left Dunbar. Ware then doused Dunbar in gasoline and set her on fire with a lit cigarette.
It’s a horrific crime that has left Dunbar’s mother, Tonya Smith, devastated.
“Honest to God, I thought I would die before all my kids,” Smith told KTVK. “I never thought I would feel this, ever.”
Smith is shattered and said Ware is a coward.
“Why would you go back? To kill her? For what? Because she asked you to take a DNA test?” Smith asked.
Ware is charged with homicide, kidnapping and child abuse.
- GUNMAN TAKES 3 PEOPLE HOSTAGE AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME
- WORRIED FAMILIES WAIT FOR WORD ON LOVED ONES AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME
- HUSBAND OF WORKER: GUNMAN AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME SLIPPED INTO PARTY
- TIMELINE: AUTHORITIES KNOW ID OF GUNMAN AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME
- 3 EMPLOYEES TAKEN HOSTAGE AT YOUNTVILLE VETERANS HOME
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Stephen Curry returns then injures left knee as Warriors win
- People Behaving Badly: Dangerous ride hail maneuvers
- Book of personal family photos goes missing, turns up mysteriously in East Bay Goodwill store
- Investigators say missing Iowa family found dead in Mexico condo