HOUSTON, TX (CNN) - A Texas family is mourning the loss of their dog after finding him unresponsive with his nose in a tortilla chip bag.
Chrissy Young and Christian Villarreal got Petey, a pitbull mix, three years ago.
"We had the bag of chips that was fairly made of cellophane, and it had been on the countertop," Young said. "We had been snacking on them. We had come and gone throughout the weekend and he never messed with them."
The two rushed Petey to Four Seasons Vet Hospital in Spring, but it was too late.
- VIRAL: WOMAN TELLS COUPLE 'GO BACK TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY’
- $2 MILLION SUNNYVALE HOME BREAKS RECORD
- REPORT: SAN FRANCISCO IS HEALTHIEST CITY IN US
- CONVICTED KILLER CHARGED WITH 1986 FREMONT COLD CASE MURDERS
- TEACHER ARRESTED FOR SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH 8TH GRADER
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE