CAMAS, Wash. (KOIN) — A woman who called 911 to say she thought she killed her boyfriend with a sword surrendered shortly before 2 a.m. to police in Washington state.
Emily Javier’s boyfriend, Alex Lovell, was found inside their home in the 2000 block of NE Garfield, authorities said. The 29-year-old was rushed to a nearby hospital and is currently in critical condition.
“He has injuries all over his body,” Camas police officer Debrah Riedle said.
A search of their home found a samurai sword and more knives, officials said.
“The only motive our detectives can come up with is it’s jealousy based. The victim is not confirming that but everything the suspect told us leads up to believe her motive was jealousy,” Riedle said
Javier, 30, is being held at the Clark County Jail on a charge of attempted 1st-degree murder. Jealousy appears to be the motive, Camas police said.
The investigation is ongoing.
- RAIN RADAR: TRACK THE STORM WITH KRON4’S INTERACTIVE RADAR MAP
- BIGGEST STORM OF THE SEASON ROLLS THROUGH NORCAL
- AUDIO: THREAT MADE TO “SHOOT UP” EAST SAN JOSE SCHOOLS
- OAKLAND MAYOR STANDS BEHIND HER ICE RAID WARNING
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: DRIVER GOES OFF ON STANLEY ROBERTS
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- California to get first female and first LGBT Senate leader
- VIDEO: Police find nearly 300 bunnies hopping in Sacramento home
- VIDEO: Cirque du Soleil performer dies after fall during performance in Florida
- PHOTOS: Car plows through Taco Bell restaurant in Danville