OAKLAND (KRON)-- On the one year anniversary of the deadly Ghost Ship fire, family and friends gathered at the site in Oakland to remember those lives that were lost.
The grieving was still in evidence for those who came to visit the very place their loved ones died.
Ed Bernbaum lost his son Johnathan in the fire. Since his son's death, he founded Vital Art, which is a foundation that hopes to fund safe places for the arts community.
While the Ghost Ship still remains a stark reminder of loss there is hope that it could become a monument to those who perished and perhaps to honor Oakland's arts community.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CARJACKING SUSPECT SHOT, KILLED BY SFPD
- SF DEFENDS SANCTUARY STATUS AFTER STEINLE VERDICT
- VIDEO: DELIVERY DRIVER POOPS ON SACRAMENTO DRIVEWAY
- MCDONALD'S MANAGER TO GET $110K FOR HELPING NAB SUSPECT
- CONCORD RESTAURANT BRIEFLY SHUT DOWN AFTER RATS INFESTATION
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018