SUNNYVALE (KRON) -- A major roadway in Silicon Valley remains closed Monday night while investigators continue gathering evidence in an officer-involved shooting.
"Police activity at El Camino Real and Wolfe-Please avoid the area," the Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety posted on its Twitter account.
The shooting occurred near the intersection of South Wolfe Road and East El Camino Real. A Santa Clara police officer was investigating a white Mercedes sedan for links to a string of auto burglaries.
During the investigating, the Mercedes started driving towards the officer and the officer discharged his weapon at the car, according to authorities.
The vehicle fled the scene.
The KRON 4 News Traffic page shows that both directions of El Camino Real are dealing with heavy traffic between Wolfe Road and Poplar Avenue.
KRON 4 News crews are heading to the scene.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- PG&E utility to cut power in areas at grave fire risk
- Dine and Dish: 3-Zero Cafe
- Protest over fatal police shooting of unarmed black man overtakes Sacramento freeway
- Mom of girl hurt in shooting at Maryland school says she is brain dead, being taken off life support