SOUTH CAROLINA (KRON)--A South Carolina man's attempt to spread some Christmas cheer got him in trouble with the police.
Brandon Wooden had been working on his "Light Car" for quite some time, but it landed him on the Beaufort County Police Department's naughty list.
"I just like to see people's reactions, spread a little love, joy - I call it spread the glow," Wooden said.
Wooden had been lighting up his car with holiday lights for the past five years, but police in his town weren't thrilled.
He was pulled over and given a $232 ticket, but this isn't the first time he's been stopped by police.
"The first time they only pulled me over because they wanted to take pictures of the car," he said."The second time it was a warning and the third time was for improper lighting of a vehicle."
When people in the neighborhood found out about the citation, they started a GoFundMe to help him pay it off.
- FATHER, SON WHO DROWNED AT SONOMA COUNTY BEACH IDENTIFIED
- 4 TEENS ARRESTED FOR SHOOTING INTO SAN RAMON HOMES, CARS
- SHERIFF: DOGS WHO MAULED OWNER TO DEATH EUTHANIZED
- WORKER FIRED FOR RACY JOKE WRITTEN INSIDE PIZZA BOX
- ATTACK AT HAYWARD BART STATION INJURES MAN, WOMAN
- 'PLENTY OF FISH' POSTING LEADS TO VIOLENT HOME INVASION ROBBERY
- People displaced in massive 4-alarm North Beach fire in San Francisco coming to grips with loss
- Allegedly held captive for years, Turpin children now 'happy' and Skyping
- Mechanical issue forces SFO-bound flight to divert back to Honolulu
- If you bought an original PS3, you might be eligible for $65 settlement