PLEASANT HILL (KRON) -- Police are looking for a driver involved in a hit-and-run, a kidnapping, and carjacking in Pleasant Hill.
Police started following the driver of a stolen car just after 7:00 a.m. on Monday in Martinez.
The driver later hit another car at the corner of Viking Drive and Contra Costa Boulevard.
Police stopped going after the car due to "public safety concerns," as it was driving at a high rate of speed.
That is just blocks away from College Park High School and Valley View Middle School.
A 2-year-old girl and her mother were injured in that accident, but are expected to be OK.
The driver then got out of the stolen car, took over another car from someone, and later dropped off that person in Martinez, police said.
The kidnapping victim was not harmed.
The suspect is still at large.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIRGINIA RALLY ATTENDEE NO LONGER EMPLOYED AT BERKELEY'S TOP DOG
- RALLY HELD FOR OAKLAND NURSE BEING DEPORTED BACK TO MEXICO
- N. KOREAN LEADER BRIEFED ON GUAM MISSILE-LAUNCH PLAN
- POLICE: 5 INJURED IN DRIVE-BY SHOOTING IN SAN JOSE
- 4-YEAR-OLD SHOT SEVERAL TIMES AT STOCKTON GAS STATION
- DAD TELLS DAUGHTER HE KILLED HER MOM 30 YEARS AGO