HAYWARD (KRON) -- Up to 4,000 residents were without power Friday morning after a vehicle slammed into a power pole in Hayward, according to California Highway Patrol incident logs.
The crash happened at around 4:46 a.m. at the intersection of Hathaway Avenue and Lansing Way.
According to Hayward police, the driver of the vehicle left the scene. The driver was seen wearing a yellow jersey.
PG&E crews are on the scene working to restore power.
About 4,000 customers were without power, however, only 48 customers without power as of 6:30 a.m., authorities said.
The outage is also affecting traffic signals, police say.
PG&E crews remain at the scene.
Crews do not have an estimate as to when power will be restored to the remaining 48 customers who are still without power.
Stay with KRON4 News for updates.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Sacramento police shot 20 times at unarmed man in his yard
- Fremont High School in Oakland on lockdown
- 7 children bitten when stray puppy gets into elementary school
- Rob Black's Winners and Losers: Should I buy Facebook shares?