CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts (KRON/CNN) -- We all know traffic in the Bay Brea is bad, and there may be a solution to that--cruise control.
MIT researchers are proposing a new redesign that will eliminate stop-and-go traffic.
Simulations show that keeping the same distance in front and behind the vehicle will prevent traffic jams.
The only catch is enough drivers would need to adopt the technology before you see an immediate impact on the road.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: WOMAN GETS ANGRY AT CUSTOMERS FOR SPEAKING KOREAN
- TWO WOMEN FOUND DEAD IN EAST PALO ALTO HOME
- MEMORIAL PLANNED FOR SAN FRANCISCO MAYOR ED LEE
- VACAVILLE GIRL RECEIVES DISTURBING VOICEMAIL FROM CLASSMATE
- DOCTOR ACCUSED OF SPIKING WOMAN'S DRINK WITH ABORTION PILL
- SURGEON ADMITS SIGNING INITIALS ON PATIENTS' LIVERS
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018
- VIDEO: Cirque du Soleil performer dies after fall during performance in Florida
- PHOTOS: Car plows through Taco Bell restaurant in Danville
- CHP: 2 injured, including young child, in apparent road rage shooting on I-80
- Counselors, deputy wanted Nikolas Cruz institutionalized long before Florida school massacre