(KRON) School has started again and so has KRON4's Teacher of the Week.
Kaberi Bhattacharjee is the first honoree of the 2016/2017 school year.
She teaches Special Ed, 12th Grade in Santa Clara for The Pacific Autism Center for Education School which serves more than 20 school districts.SUBMIT YOUR TEACHER OF THE WEEK NOMINATION
Here is the winning nomination for Kaberi from Deborah McClellan:The PACE School serves students aged 6-22 who are severely affected by autism. 70% of PACE students are non-verbal and have especially challenging behaviors and communication disorders. Being a special ed teacher is a challenge, but Kaberi always has a smile on her face and shows nothing but love and joy to her students. She is extremely upbeat and keeps her classroom curriculum interesting with lots of field trips and special events. She makes sure that each student feels special and has the attention they need to perform school work to the best of their ability. You can tell she loves her students and her role in their life. Kaberi has been with the PACE School since 2009 -- further evidence of her dedication and caring. She deserves to be nominated for teacher of the year! (but teacher of the week will do).Click here for a link to the PACE website.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Sacramento police shot 20 times at unarmed man in his yard
- Fremont High School in Oakland on lockdown
- 7 children bitten when stray puppy gets into elementary school
- Rob Black's Winners and Losers: Should I buy Facebook shares?