MARIN COUNTY (KRON) -- An armed robbery at The Village in Corte Madera prompted a lockdown at the mall Tuesday morning, according to security at the mall.
The armed robbery happened outside of the Nordstrom in an alleyway.
A UPS driver was targeted in the robbery, according to officials.
Around 11:30 a.m., authorities said the scene is "secure."
The gunman had pistol-whipped the UPS driver.
Marin County Sheriff's Office is assisting Central Marin Police Authority in the investigation.
- Marin County Sheriff (@MarinSheriff) January 2, 2018
Statement from UPS:
UPS is working with law enforcement to investigate the matter and find those responsible. We're thankful the UPS driver is safe. We appreciate the willingness of area businesses and residents to share what they and their security cameras have seen.
Further details are unavailable.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- REDWOOD CITY MAN KILLS OWN DOG AS IT ATTACKS HIM
- FAMILY SEARCHES FOR ANSWERS AFTER ACTIVIST, FATHER KILLED
- WATCH: MASSIVE BRAWL INSIDE OHIO WAFFLE HOUSE
- DAD SHARES EMOTIONAL STORY OF DAUGHTER'S DEATH
- STYLIST ARRESTED AFTER HAIRCUT GOES HORRIBLY WRONG
- NEW YEARS LIVE: RING IN 2018 WITH KRON4