MARYSVILLE, OH (WCMH/AP) — Three central Ohio teenagers are facing charges after a 13-year-old girl was raped.
According to police records, the Marysville boys – ages 14, 15 and 17 – were each arrested Monday and charged with two Juvenile Court counts of rape and theft.
The incident occurred after the victim and two of the suspects allegedly stole alcohol and condoms from local businesses. Police say the 17-year-old suspect drove the group to a wooded area in northern Union County, where the assault took place.
After the victim became so intoxicated that she couldn't give consent, prosecutors say two of the teens raped her. The third boy was found to be complicit and equally responsible.
The 14 and 15 year old suspects were arrested at Marysville High School. The 17-year-old suspect turned himself into police.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- BART: Major delays at all San Francisco stations after tracks catch fire near 24th St.
- 6 displaced in Nob Hill apartment fire
- Package bomb explodes at FedEx in Texas; 1 hurt
- Vacaville man builds massive tree house in his backyard