Bay City News - VACAVILLE (BCN) -- Police rescued a 17-year-old human trafficking victim and arrested three people during a sting operation last week in Vacaville, police said Thursday.
During the sting, officers working with members of the FBI Safe Streets Task Force and a social worker were able to locate and rescue the teen victim, according to police.
The victim was taken into protective custody and was provided resources and services, police said.
Officers also arrested three others during the operation.
Officers arrested Jonathan Lewis, 32, of Oakland on suspicion of pandering and violating parole, according to police.
Officers also arrested Sacramento residents Tesheya Byrd, 22, on suspicion of pandering and conspiracy and Todd Thornton, 23, on suspicion of human trafficking, pimping of a minor and pandering of a minor, police said.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Q&A: What you need to know about the Toys 'R' Us going-out-of-business sales
- DRAMATIC VIDEO: California storm forces flood rescues in Folsom
- VIDEO REPORT: Giants unveil what's new at AT&T Park in 2018
- After Parkland shooting, worldwide ‘March for Our Lives;' list of Bay Area events