CONCORD (KRON) -- Four customers ordered almost every service on the menu at an East Bay nail salon and then dashed out the door without paying, but before they drove off, they attacked salon employees with pepper spray.
The attack happened Thursday night at Ruby's Salon on Monument Boulevard and Walters Way in Concord.
Now, police are looking for the group of suspects.
A nail salon employee inside the Plaza Bonita tells KRON4 people have ditched their bill before writing a bounced check. But she says it's not about the money; they've never been attacked, which is what hurts the most.
Three women and a man came to Ruby's Nail Salon in Concord Thursday night, just before closing time, and ordered the works. He had a pedicure while the women got a full set with a long manicure, complete with rhinestones.
It was work that cost more than $200 and 2 hours of labor.
"It's a bad experience for everybody," Nail Technician Don Vasquez said. "It's not about how much it costs. It's about the actions that they take."
As the nail technicians put away supplies on shelves, the group ran off without paying.
Adding injury to insult, three employees who caught up with them were pepper-sprayed in the face and arms.
"After that, what they did to me, I feel very sad, and they hurt me, you know," Nail Technician Thao Pam said.
An ambulance arrived and the victims were treated at the salon.
Concord police are using surveillance images to help find the suspects, all described to be around 20 years old.
"I love concord. I live in Concord for a long time, and it's a nice place to live," Vasquez said. "There are so nice people, but I'm pretty sure those guys that came here last night do not live in Concord--of course not."
After an employee posted pictures of the suspects on social media, she tells KRON4 another nail salon out in Redwood City messaged them saying they recognized the group.
So, Concord police hope more people do and call them with information.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- O.J. SIMPSON KICKED OUT OF VEGAS HOTEL FOR BEING UNRULY, DRUNK
- POLICE: WIPE DOWN SHOPPING CARTS, BUT NOT BECAUSE OF GERMS
- GLOBAL WARMING COULD LEAVE 2M HOMES UNDERWATER BY 2100
- OAKLAND SCHOOLS TESTING FOR HIGH LEVELS OF LEAD IN WATER
- MAN ARRESTED FOR SEXUAL FONDLING IN SAN JOSE STATE LIBRARY
- PLANE FORCED TO LAND AFTER WOMAN UNLOCKS CHEATING HUSBAND'S PHONE
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Gary's Mailbag: Why don't you like to gamble?
- Trump issues order to ban most transgender troops from serving in military
- Q&A: What you need to know about the Toys 'R' Us going-out-of-business sales
- DRAMATIC VIDEO: California storm forces flood rescues in Folsom