HAYWARD (KRON) – The East Bay could be transformed into a movie set.
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson announced earlier this week he’s starring in a new comedy series coming to NBC based on his younger years.
The title? “Young Rock.”
Johnson has yet to confirm if Hayward will be featured in this, but let’s not forget he was born in Hayward in 1972.
Johnson has also been known to rep the East Bay city, using the hashtag #HaywardStrong.
Johnson has lived all over the world and didn’t stay put in Hayward alone. He also grew up in other states including Hawaii, Connecticut, and North Carolina.
The new series will feature 11 episodes in its first season.
Its release date has yet to be announced.
- Community gathers to celebrate Lunar New Year in San Francisco’s Chinatown
- Newborn safe after dropped off in Safe Haven box
- Virus death toll in China rises as Xi calls situation grave
- LeBron James passes Kobe Bryant for 3rd on NBA scoring list
- Several Dodgers go public, speak on Astros’ cheating scandal