(CNN) – Mattel is launching new dolls aimed at breaking gender barriers.
The toy company’s new gender-inclusive dolls are called “Creatable World” and they work like this.
The figures come in kits with different hair, clothes, and accessory options.
Some are feminine, while others are masculine.
Children select and apply any combination of these accessories they like to create their own custom doll.
The move comes after Mattel has spent years updating its iconic Barbie doll which is now available in a variety of skin tones and body types.
There’s also a Barbie that comes in a wheelchair.
The new Creatable World dolls will retail for about $44.
Latest News Headlines:
- California loosens restrictions as new COVID-19 guidance issued
- Search continues for hit-and-run driver who ran over 24-year-old woman at Oakland protest
- March held for 22-year-old man shot, killed by Vallejo police officer
- San Francisco school introduces new athletic program for girls
- Cannabis industry still recovering after hit hard by looters