SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Mattel is reportedly going to launch a limited-edition Barbie in celebration of the Mexican holiday “Day of the Dead.”
“Barbie Día de Muertos” will reportedly feature the doll wearing a long black dress embroidered with flowers, skulls, and butterflies in colorful patterns.
Her skull is created with face paint representing the dead.
The Mexican holiday, which begins on Oct. 31 and runs through Nov. 2, is celebrated by friends and family honoring late loved ones.
Families gather together to eat, pray, and oftentimes visit cemeteries to decorate the graves of their late family members with altars.
“Barbie Día de Muertos” will be released on September 12, and will cost $75, according to Revelist.
Mattel recently added several dolls based on historic figures in its lineup, including Rosa Parks and Sally Ride.
Latest News Headlines:
- Will Trump say ‘fake news’ or ‘China’ more?: Sportsbooks offer bets for presidential debate
- Viewers’ Guide: Trump, Biden meet in Ohio for 1st debate
- Giolito dazzles, Abreu slugs White Sox past A’s in opener
- Stimulus check update: GOP, Democrats inching closer to aid compromise
- Lawmaker: Trump must answer for 200k+ lives lost to COVID-19 in first presidential debate