LOS ANGELES (AP) — Morgan Wallen has been dropped from performing on “Saturday Night Live” after breaking the show’s COVID-19 protocols.
The country singer posted a two-plus minute video on social media Wednesday about the show’s decision. He apologized after he was shown on TikTok socializing maskless at a crowded bar and house party this past weekend in Alabama.
Wallen was listed as a musical guest for this Saturday’s show. The singer was emotional during his post, saying he respects the show’s decision.
The 27-year-old Wallen said his actions were “short-sighted” and has affected his long-term goals and dreams.
Wallen said he has not tested positive for the coronavirus.
A representative for Wallen did not immediately respond to a request for comment. “SNL” officials did not have a comment.
The show has not announced a replacement for Wallen.
- Historic wind gusts recorded in Bay Area, NWS says
- Cinemark reopens more Bay Area theatres
- Scientists remove 98 ‘murder hornets’ in Washington state
- 30 officers injured during Philadelphia police shooting riots
- Coronavirus deaths are rising again in the US, as feared