SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Sometimes you’ve just gotta have it — and when you do, there’s only one place to go.
If you have a hankering for fried chicken and waffles, follow your nose to Brown Sugar Kitchen.
The popular soul food restaurant from Oakland now has a quick stop in San Francisco at the Ferry Building.
Chef Tanya Holland is the moving force behind Brown Sugar Kitchen with comfort food that’s locally grown and organic.
Tanya is such a celebrity — fans come from far and wide.
Bay Area residents couldn’t be happier that the chef is spreading the love across the bay.
Tanya is even teaching some of her techniques to devotees at the Macy’s kitchen in Union Square.
With a motto of strength in waffles, Tanya believes her food is helping the Golden State Warriors win.
From the looks and taste, Brown Sugar Kitchen is a slam dunk.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- MAN ACCUSED OF TOUCHING CHILD AT BELMONT PUMP IT UP
- BAY AREA AMC HOSTING 59-HOUR MARVEL MOVIE MARATHON
- VIDEO: WHAT DID KEVIN DURANT SAY TO GET EJECTED FROM GAME?
- TEACHER FIRED OVER TOPLESS PHOTO SUES FOR $3 MILLION
- MOUNTAIN HOUSE FAMILY OF NINE FORCED OUT OF BAY AREA