HALF MOON BAY (KRON) — People flock to Half Moon Bay this time of year where pumpkin patches are in full swing.
“We stopped and had a pumpkin spice latte before we got here. ‘Tis the season.”
Here is the Ritz Carlton — perched on the bluff overlooking the pacific.
And guests are soaking up the scenery.
It’s also where we find the chef — cooking pumpkin.
“When it comes to fall, it’s what comes to mind. Especially in Half Moon Bay.”
“‘Tis the season and there’s a lot more you can do with pumpkin than just pumpkin pie.”
No shortage of pumpkin items on the menu here, this is BBQ pork belly with pumpkin puree and grilled pumpkin slices.
Also big in Half Moon Bay — brussels sprouts, sprinkled with a bit of pumpkin oil of course.
There’s this incredibly creamy pumpkin soup and for dessert, you might consider popping a few pumpkin macaroons.
Now you’re ready to hit the patch and pick a perfect pumpkin for your jack-o’-lantern, and maybe even a homemade pumpkin dish.
Give it a try!
- 1/2 side of pork belly
- 3 tablespoons of California olive oil
- 1 sprig of Thyme
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 clove of garlic
- Season the pork belly and rub it with olive oil. Place in a vacuum bag, seal and cook for 12 hours in 170 f˚ water bath. It can also be cooked in the oven on 160 f˚ covered with tin foil
- Cool and slice 1/2-inch thick slices
- Grill the pork on a charcoal grill
SWEET AND SOUR PUMPKIN
- 1 Sugar Pie Pumpkin
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Flakes
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup of California Olive Oil
- Cut the pumpkin in wedges. Place in a bowl and mix with the rest of the ingredients
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes in 170f˚
- Grill the pumpkin on a charcoal grill
- 1 Pumpkin
- Bake in the oven on 350f˚ until soft
- Scoop out the pumpkin, place in a blender and mix until smooth
- Season with salt and olive oil
BRUSSELS SPROUT SALAD
- 2 Cups of Brussels Sprouts
- 3 Tablespoons of Pumpkin Seed Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Sprigs of Parsley Finely Cut
- Sea Salt Flakes
- Separate the brussels sprout leaves and mix with the other ingredients