SAN RAMON, Calif. (KRON) — A nonprofit in the East Bay is donating more than 50,000 pounds of food and essential supplies to at-risk communities during the coronavirus crisis.
The Support Life Foundation said the effort is the largest mobilization effort in the Bay Area targeting food security for at-risk communities.
It’s called the “You are not alone!” Initiative.
There are more than 250 volunteers across the region helping to make this happen.
The packaging and distribution officially starts Saturday at the San Ramon Valley Islamic Center located at 2232 Camino Ramon.
The center is being used as a base of operation for the initiative since it’s closed to the general public due to the pandemic.
The organization says their volunteers are observing social distancing rules and personal protective measures while packaging and distributing the supplies.
Do you know someone who deserves to be recognized? Click here to submit them to be a KRON4 Hero.
- California loosens restrictions as new COVID-19 guidance issued
- Search continues for hit-and-run driver who ran over 24-year-old woman at Oakland protest
- March held for 22-year-old man shot, killed by Vallejo police officer
- San Francisco school introduces new athletic program for girls
- Cannabis industry still recovering after hit hard by looters