WALNUT CREEK, Calif. (KRON) — An East Bay pizzeria is stepping up to help during the coronavirus crisis.
Rocco’s Ristorante Pizzeria in Walnut Creek is donating 120 meals a day to medical professionals during the pandemic.
Rocco Biale, the restaurant owner, says they’re just doing their part to help the community like they always have.
The restaurant is donating the meals to ER and ICU workers at John Muir Medical Center and Kaiser Walnut Creek Medical Center.
Five times a day volunteers pick up the food at the restaurant and delivery it to the hospital.
Find out more on their website.
Do you know someone who is going above and beyond for their community during this crisis? Click here to submit them to be a KRON4 Hero
- California schools can reopen in August, September depending on districts
- Advances in DNA tech helping Jennifer Lin cold case detectives in Alameda County
- Black Lives Matter protesters march through downtown L.A., block 101 Fwy
- North Carolina 7-year-old puts on prom for his graduating babysitter
- Santa Clara County calls for volunteers to help track people who may be spreading COVID-19