SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Trending on the KRON4 Morning Buzz – while thousands marched across the Golden Gate Bridge Saturday to show their support for the Black Lives Matter movement, one man got down on bended knee, but with a different intention.
Quinlin Messenger surprised his girlfriend of five years, Carrie Montgomery, with a proposal right in the middle of the bridge.
Video shows the crowd cheering them on as Carrie says yes and they celebrate their new engagement.
Quinlin and Carrie join KRON4’s Darya Folsom to talk about the greater message behind what happened and what they hope to take away for their future legacy.
- San Francisco Giants suspend workouts at Oracle Park pending COVID-19 test results
- New model predicts more than 208,000 Covid-19 deaths in the US by November
- Levi’s to cut 700 office jobs due to virus-related slump
- Tracking the Tropics Week 6: Storm surge, contraflow, and the buoy network
- EPA approves 2 Lysol disinfectants as 1st to effectively kill coronavirus on surfaces